Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Yankee Fever

Watching the Yankees wildcard game tonight and between innings I've swept the deck three times or read a paragraph or two from one of several current reads, a book titled, 'Vinyl Countdown' .... about record collecting if you couldn't guess. 

If only they could televise these games and the time between innings as if you were at the ballpark .... show the pitcher's warm up tosses. Or maybe the outfielders long tossing (if they still do that).    show the umpires chatting or just show the spectators. I have no patience for the televised commercials. 

I come into this playoff series lacking in confidence in my Yankees. If the game is close, I fear something bad will happen in the end. Or something bad will happen early and the game will snowball out of control. That's just my nature. And I've been through too many playoff seasons where I was overflowing in confidence and in the end turned off my television disappointed. So maybe the opposite attitude will work. It did for George Constanza.

A few hours later .....

It worked. The lack of confidence that is. Or the fear of bad things lurking ahead. It worked for tonight. Yankees win 9-0.

Now to begin worrying about game 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment