Saturday, September 5, 2026

Dorks, Nerds and Geeks

Caught in the middle today, (physical positioning-wise), between two guys engaging in nerd-speak, talking about their respective advanced gaming systems and me having no clue what they were saying. Thought about jumping in with some integrated amplifier-stereo speakers-turntable-vinyl record chat. Or possibly some baseball statistics and my theories on various ball and strike counts and hitting.

Made a vegetable soup tonight in the crock pot with low sodium chicken broth, tomatoes, carrots, celery, cut corn, bell pepper, spinach, dried onion flakes plus spices like pepper, thyme, parsley, old bay seasoning, a couple squirts of olive oil .... Oh and bits of chicken tossed in. No added salt. Even the positioning of the crock pot on the kitchen window counter seemed important. Turned out really yummy and warming. And the scratchy throat that I had suddenly seems to have been cured. Alexa tells me that it's also diabetic friendly which is what I was going for and suggests trying it with cod. I've arrived at the conclusion that I should have been a freaking chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment