Friday, September 4, 2026

Surprise!!

Two or three weeks ago, I came across a couple vinyl records in the used bookstore that drew interest. I took photos of the album covers and went home to check them out. Enjoying what I heard, I returned the following day to purchase but they were gone. I searched through the racks and nothing. On subsequent visits I checked again and again with no luck. Then this evening, there they were!! I don't know where they went during that time before re-discovery ..... maybe someone temporarily placed them among the Bach, Dvorak and Beethoven records ....  places I rarely go.

Michael Howell - Looking Glass. Jazz guitarist. Recorded and released in 1973. Jazz fusion. A new name in my collection. And it's a promotional copy which always seems to be a good thing in the vinyl collecting world.

Daniel Humair, Gordon Beck & Ron Mathewson - Morning! Recorded in 1972 in Italy. A French pressing and a re-issue. Jazz trio .... drums, piano and bass. Free jazz was mentioned when I was searching for basic information. More new names in my collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment