- Twenty years ago is often framed and spoken about as a great amount of years ago, but when you're seventy years old and wondering if you'll see seventy-five or even seventy-one, looking back at your life twenty years ago it feels like yesterday.
I woke from a dream where I was back in my years working for the city, in the office at some odd hour of the night, like I often was, clad in shorts and nothing else, thinking I was alone but suddenly joined by a new front desk receptionist who was telling me that my job might not exist much longer ...... hell we were often operating with that thought in the back of our mind with pending city budget cut rumors ..... and my boss for the last few of my years there suddenly appeared in the dream, telling me about an idea she had for my job duties, when I interrupted by mentioning that I hadn't yet committed to the role ..... which is kinda in reality how my time there ended ...... and I really wasn't too excited about what I was hearing and she told me that she knew I was uncommitted and thinking about walking away. And that's where I woke up.
Nothing too exciting for a dream but it has me thinking about those times and the passing of time.
- Two days of off and on rain and much cooler temperatures has early September feeling like late November. Day one of the rain was a pleasure, day two was, ok that's enough.
- Not to sound morbid but found myself in a room full of people, all younger than myself, and then a few minutes later walking away thinking that one day all those people will still be here but I won't.
- I've become a bit less fearful of that time but still not accepting or embracing it. Sometimes though it seems like the better alternative to more doctor appointments.
- Hoping all the rain of the last two days reached the wildfires in other parts of the state.
No comments:
Post a Comment